Common Sense Leadership ★ Grow Blaine Economically Stronger
Hi, I’m Barbara Sturdivant, a resident of Blaine for over 15 years. I am running for Blaine City Council, Ward 3, Position 6 providing leadership guided by the people’s voice for common sense to support a safe and economically prosperous community.
As a grandmother of 14, Blaine could use more family-focused activities. The July 4 celebration here in Blaine is a great example. This event showcases the best of Blaine and its values, while focusing on families with a unique day of fun. As a member of Blaine City Council, I hope to provide leadership guided by common sense, that will support a safe and prosperous community.
Dear friends and neighbors,
Our country is so divided currently, and I am struggling with what I can do to not let that happen. This has moved me to do something positive for the community I love and call home. I am passionate to bring an independent, common-sense perspective and voice to city council with leadership to grow Blaine economically stronger.
Being the grandmother to 14 amazing grandchildren I owe it to them to affect the direction our country and local governments are going in. My goal and passion are to leave them and the families in the Blaine community a legacy to enjoy the same opportunities I have had. It’s so important for our children to live in a safe and friendly environment that ensures equal opportunities to all now and in the future.
My belief is that the most effective, responsible and responsive government is the government closest to the people. Therefore, I have chosen to run for office at the City Council level, closest to the community I love to live in, making an effective change for a positive and prosperous future in the Blaine community.
Together, with your support, lets grow Blaine economically stronger maintaining the heritage and small-town charm of our beautiful community we all call home, the City of Blaine!
● Secretary of Members Advisory Board at Semiahmoo Golf & Country Club
● President of Boundary Ridge Home Owners Association
Other Professional Experience:
● Retired RN working as a clinical nurse for 25 years
● 14 year career in drug development with Amgen
● International clinical trial research in oncology with a company out of Edinburgh Scotland
● BA degree in History from Southern Methodist University in Texas
● BS degree in Nursing from Texas Woman’s University
● Master’s Degree in Business from Pepperdine University in California
● Several Board positions at Semiahmoo Golf & Country Club
● President of Boundary Ridge Homeowners Association
● Volunteer work at Christ the King Church in Bellingham
● Support work with the ‘We Will’ initiative in Whatcom County assisting businesses to remain open during COVID-19 pandemic
● Initiated food delivery service from Great Blue Heron to Semiahmoo “lock-in’s” during COVID-19 pandemic
Contact Barb to share your concerns about things happening in Blaine’s Ward 3 or the city at large.
©2021 Barb for Blaine. All rights reserved.